On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 10:36 AM, Farley, Peter x23353 <
peter.far...@broadridge.com> wrote:

> That is interesting John.  No such field in my V2.1 MODGEN library member
> IHAECVT.  What offset it that at in your copy?

​Apparently came in with 2.2

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSLTBW_2.2.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r2.iead100/iead100662.htm

268 (10C) ADDRESS 4  ECVTDUCU "V(IEAVDUCU)" - DUCT update - A value of 0 in
ECVTDUCU means that the function is not available - Caller must be AMODE 31
or 64, key 0, supervisor state - Task mode - Primary ASC mode - Any P, Any
S, Any H - To invoke the service: - Set GR 1 to 1 to indicate to update the
TRAP Control Block Address - Set GR 0 to the address of the doubleword
aligned TRAP Control Block Address (below 2G). Bits 0-31 of 64-bit GR0 are
ignored. A non-zero value in bits 32-63 will enable the TRAP function. When
enabling, bit 63 is ignored. Bits 61-62 must be 0. Use a value of 0 in bits
32-63 to disable the TRAP function. - Load ECVTDUCU into GR 15. Do not use
the LLGT instruction. You do not need to set bits 0-31 of 64-bit GR 15. -
If AMODE 64, issue BASSM 14,15 If AMODE 31, issue BASR 14,15 or BASSM 14,15
- Upon return from the service - 31-bit GRs 2-13, high halves 2-14, and ARs
2-14 will be preserved. Other GRs, high halves, and ARs may be used as work
registers by the system. - On return R15 contains a return code 0 - success
8 - bad value in register 1 12 - TRAP update request in SRB mode
​

--
I have a theory that it's impossible to prove anything, but I can't prove
it.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown