We ran IBM's GRS Monitor batch reports and noticed something in one
of the reports.  Notice the second entry, it has a x'004D'.  The reason this
is interesting to us is because we are sharing this particular volume between
two systems.  The second system is not in the GRS Star configuration of the
first system.

We are using RESERVES to protect the integrity of the resources.  And this
particular volume has encountered errors, i.e. VTOC entries but no SMS NVR
records.  And yes, this volume is in a SMS SG which is defined to the two
systems.

        ** RESOURCES USAGE REPORT **

 ** MAJOR  SYSZVVDS **
 ---------------------
  COUNT               MAJOR

 00008260            SYSZVVDS            SCOPE=RESERVE
SMFID=DEVA

 RNL (ML)   COUNT     MAJOR     MINOR

     006   00000032  SYSZVVDS TS0007
     008   00000004  SYSZVVDS TS0007 (
FIRST TENNESSEE

Confidentiality notice:
This e-mail message, including any attachments, may contain legally privileged
and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or
the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended
recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or
copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this
e-mail message from your computer.