I personally like IP Print Server over NPF.  But it is a cost item, as in not
free as in NPF.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Roger Bolan
Sent: Friday, December 15, 2017 4:14 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: LRS VPS Printer Replacment

[External Email]

You should also look at Infoprint Server.  It's a component of z/OS.

I don't know what the LRS VPS definitions look like, but I see another post
here that mentions 12K definitions.  If you can read those with code, Rexx
perhaps, and parse them, you could create a text file of pidu create commands
to create the equivalent definitions for the Printer Inventory.
PIDU = Printer Inventory Definition Utility.

The documentation is in the IBM Knowledge Center.
You can go here:
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter
and just search for pidu

or go here to see all the Infoprint Server related books, including in PDF
format.
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSLTBW_2.3.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r3.aps/aps.htm

--Roger

On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 2:20 AM, zos reader <zos.rea...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are planning to replace LRS VPS Printers to other Vendor product, I
> am not aware of other vendor products in Market.
>
> Can you all share your thoughts please.
>
> Thanks..

FIRST TENNESSEE

Confidentiality notice:
This e-mail message, including any attachments, may contain legally privileged
and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or
the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended
recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or
copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this
e-mail message from your computer.