Not sure whom you were asking, but I can answer for our formerly-VPS, now-NPF
shop.  We have 65 active physical printers, covered by 174 definitions.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Jesse 1 Robinson
Sent: Friday, December 15, 2017 11:56 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: LRS VPS Printer Replacment

[External Email]

All I want for Xmas is the answer to the question of how many. ;-) We have over
12K (!) VPS definitions, but...

1. Many of those are multiple entries for the same physical device with varying
format attributes like double-sided, landscape, two-up, etc. For example, one
device I picked at random has 13 entries representing various attributes.

2. We have added innumerable printers over the decades. I was never 'the VPS
guy', but I suspect that very few if any obsolete entries were deleted.

.
.
J.O.Skip Robinson
Southern California Edison Company