<cross posted to the CICS-L list as well>

Hello list,

2 questions on how transaction isolation affects a CICS region.

The first is this:   I’ve been asked a question about transaction isolation and
I haven’t found any good answers on my own so I thought I’d ask the collective
wisdom of the group.  We have not historically used transaction isolation but I
have been requested to activate it for several of our test and development
regions.  The question that was posed to me was “What abend codes should we be
looking for that would indicate the abend came from a transaction isolation
trap?”  IOW, if a program attempts to write into another program’s storage, w/o
TI, it could do so, and eventually the other program could/would fail due to
something being overlaid.  Supposedly TI will eliminate (or at least alleviate)
this problem.  Instead, with TI active, the originating program should abend.
What kind of abends should I expect in this situation?  ASRA?  Something else?
Or is it random?

Second question:  I know of the limitation of TI and NSR buffering and have
experienced the AFDK abend that occurs when you try to mix these environments.
Are there any other “got’cha’s”? for implementing TI?  One of my coworkers
thought there was something about between autoinstall and TI.

Thanks,

Rex

The information contained in this message is confidential, protected from
disclosure and may be legally privileged.  If the reader of this message is not
the intended recipient or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this
message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
distribution, copying, or any action taken or action omitted in reliance on it,
is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this
message and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard
copy format.  Thank you.