I am not using a template.  When fixes are available, we either install them on
a 6 month (sometimes) cycle.

Or if the fix is urgent, then schedule sooner.

A majority of our fixes are done without an IPL, so they are mostly dynamic.
Our change tickets detail the changes going in and what actions are required

If your shop wants to schedule fixes based on a cycle, you may need to create
one.

Every shop I have worked at as a system programmer has not used any templates.
Only gaged when changes needed to go in

Lizette