From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu> on behalf of Ron
hawkins <ronjhawk...@sbcglobal.net>
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 5:59 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu
Subject: Re: CKD details

Tony,

I am way in over my head here, and I am sure I will use the wrong terminology.

As I remember it RPS was implemented by passing seek and set sector to the DASD
together so there was only one disconnect sequence? Without RPS there was a
disconnect/reconnect sequence for the seek, followed by set sector.

Or something like that. My curiosity is crying out for someone to correct me 😊

Ron