Does your SC ACS routine use the WRITE statement to issue messages of any
kind?  Under what conditions do you receive the message?

Do either of these two situations (from the WRITE write-up) apply?

1 - Under certain conditions related to data set stacking, SMS invokes ACS
routines more than once. Consequently, you might want to take special care
when using WRITE statements in order to avoid duplicates in the job log.

2 - A nine-character system message id and a single blank character precede
your message to the end user. At execution and allocation time, an end user
can receive a maximum of five messages. If any more messages are generated,
a sixth and final message indicates that additional messages have been
generated, but the additional messages are not displayed.

accurate.