.. in fact, the original source contains some parts,
which are not ANSI C, for example cout (which is C++)
and iostream.h (which is also part of the C++ library).

Because I don't like C++ ... and the program claims to be
a C program, I would (as a QA person) force the coder to
eliminate these parts of the code.

Kind regards

Bernd