On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 8:08 AM, scott Ford <idfli...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Phil/Gil:
>
> Correct, sorry been a week, CP285 is a UK EBCDIC codepage.
> But my question still stands ...
>
> 1. PC/Linux -> sends ascii encrypted data to IBM z/OS , like I mentioned a
> STC in Cobol
> 2. The STC decrypts and then converts to EBCDIC...
>
> My issue is CAN i query a codepage or CCSID on z/OS to find  out what the
> customer is using without a parameter of some sort.
>
> Regards,

​In general, no. If you can communicate with the far end, you might be able
to ask the software on the user's machine "what is your locale?" and have
it reply. But there is nothing in the TCPIP connection that I am aware of
which encodes the end user's locale information.​

--
I have a theory that it's impossible to prove anything, but I can't prove
it.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown