On 12 March 2018 at 13:57, Paul Gilmartin
<0000000433f07816-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Mar 2018 13:26:57 -0400, scott Ford wrote:
>
>>I need to insert 30 bytes of user data in the directory block header of our
>>product programs.
>>Is there I can do that via the Binder or do I have to write an exit to BPAM
>>processing, which I am trying to avoid. We are trying to insert GIT tag
>>information into the directory header for our programs.
>>
> The Assembler macro STOW allows suppplying user information for a PDS
> directory
> member entry.

Does STOW allow putting in such information to a PDSE that contains
Program Objects? Or is that functionality reserved to the Binder (via
the much rumoured FAMS...?)?

In any case I would think the Binder API would be a better bet than
writing one's own user data.

Tony H.