I finally was able to migrate all HFS's to ZFS's, then design a shared ZFS
environment with a sysplex root, version root and system(s) root.
to facilitate this environment I IPL'd each LPAR from the same SYSRES and
shared parmlib using symbols for system specific parms.
What I'm wondering, is we have some products that are mounted @ /usr/lpp/, this
of course is resolved to $VERSION/usr/lpp, someone had installed a product
there and had 3 different filesystem mounts, one for each system, it works OK,
until I had to IPL one system from a different sysres, the filesystem from the
other 2 systems mounted @ /usr/lpp were unmounted and the new version file
system was mounted from the system I IPL'd.
because of this fact, batch processing that needed that filesystem on the OTHER
systems failed looking for the original $VERSION/usr/lpp.
maybe not such a clear explanation but I'm wondering what other do in this
case. I forced the team to move any file systems that need to be shared to
/&SYSPLEX/..... and products filesystems that need to be system specific
mounted @ /$SYSTEM/..... but I'm having an issue moving forward, and I think
I'm going to have a problem when I migrate maint around the plex with a new
sysres, will I?
 Any help would be greatly appreciated.