>> Normally, the process of resolving all REQ/PREREQ/IFREQ requirements for
>> given PTF(s) and collecting all missing items that prevent resolution, up to
>> the point where APPLY CHECK suggests that actual APPLY could be successful
>> could require several iterations.

> I have used GROUPEXTEND since being introduced and can't recall ever being
> successful in attaining full resolution with one pull.
>
> It always took several pulls (iterations) to attain a full resolution.

It sounds to me as if the problem is that the SYSMODs identified by
GROUPEXTEND can have their own REQs, which are (of course) not in the
CSI until they get RECEIVEd.

Is anyone aware of an IBM-provided REST API to the entire SYSMOD
database? If you had that, you could presumably use that in
conjunction with the SMP "GIMAPI" to construct the full graph.

You could probably html-scrape content from Service Link, but that
seems hopelessly primitive.

I smell a nice science experiment brewing...

-- Jerry