[Default] On 16 Mar 2018 10:38:43 -0700, in bit.listserv.ibm-main
dbajava...@gmail.com (Peter) wrote:

>Hi
>
>Is there an EXIT which can assign CLASS to the users based on RACF ID ? For
>example even if a user tries to use CLASS C the user Job must run only
>using CLASS A.

File 175 contains the Philips Lighting JES2 mods that were designed to
ease the conversion from JES 3 to JES2.  The primary changes were in
an upgrade to the American Natural Resources EXIT6.  While the exit
was based on the first 3 characters of user=id, it was changed after I
left to use ACF2 or RACF to determine privilege.

The exit does the following:

For production jobs submitted by CA-7, the class is left as A unless
it uses a TCAM queue in which case it is set to the class for that
queue.  The class is shared with test jobs.

For test jobs, the class is set based on time requested in the job
card and the number of tape drives.  Systems programmer jobs were set
to a corresponding set of classes that would run if test jobs were
held by turning off the class.  The catalog was checked for all input
data sets to determine whether the data set was on tape.

In most if not all cases the class on the job card is ignored.  The
FCB was set based on form and there may be other things I forget
offhand.

All PROC usage was logged in SMF with the JES2 library concatenation.

From what I have read, if you use exit 6 you may also have to code
another corresponding exit. With the many changes in JCL since 1991,
especially, with the JCLLIB, multiple levels of PROC and INCLUDE
statements, major changes might have to be made.

The major philosophy of the exit was that the system could determine
the proper job class and if it could determine it, the system should
set it and the programmer didn't have to know the rules.

Packages and workload manager may be able to handle some or all of the
functions of this exit.

If anyone is interested, File 175 can be downloaded from
www.cbttape.org.  Sam Golob has included my home phone number which
does have call answer in the writeup for FILE 175.  It is a standard
North American phone number and I have had it for over 26 years. Since
I have North America wide free calling I can return phone calls
without penalty.  I have a copy of file 175 on my computer so I may be
able to help if someone actually wants to use any of the files in the
submission.  It has been a fun trip through memory lane.

Having the CBT tape, IPO samples and a concurrent conversion of
production output SYSOUT to put all reports in CA-DISPATCH enabled us
to convert in a 3 - 4 month timeframe from JES3 to JES2 with little
effect on the application programmers.

Clark Morris