> On Mar 22, 2018, at 7:14 PM, Jesse 1 Robinson <jesse1.robin...@sce.com> wrote:
>
>  Tom raised the possibility of someone using a mechanism (like Python) to
> spoof an NJE node from within the closed network.

We’ve creating an entire NJE node emulator written in REXX and CMS Pipelines
(to replace the NJE functions in RSCS that are for-pay). It’s not that
difficult; the wire protocol is pretty simple, and the data formats are
documented in a published manual. There are a lot of assumptions in the
protocol that you are running in an environment that does userid validation
before and communication happens, and the use of SSL in NJE isn’t very
extensive.

 Probably wouldn’t need anything as exotic as Python. That code could probably
be written in pure REXX, and there are implementations of REXX for non-IBM
systems.