From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Dori Polotsky
Sent: Wednesday, April 4, 2018 10:18 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Explanation about the SVCASF bit ("SVC can be assisted") in the SVC
table?

Hello,

Does anyone know the meaning of the SVCASF bit (x'01') of the SVCTP byte of the
SVC table?

If I am not mistaken, on our system (z/OS 2.2 ADCD) following the IPL this bit
is off for all SVC's except SVC 13 (ABEND, IEAVTRT2) and SVC 26 (LOCATE /
CATALOG, IGG026DU).  Also, I did not see an option to select the value for this
bit with SVCUPDTE.

Any insights would be appreciated.

Thank you very much,
  Dori