Since this is related to CICS, have you posted on the CICS list as well?
Perhaps they have more details as it applies to CICS

To join, if you have not done so,

CICS    http://www.listserv.uga.edu/archives/cics-l.html

Second have you checked your ISMF definitions?

Check your SMS CDS Base Display - Option 7.1.

For 3390s it should read Default Device Geometry :
Bytes/track . . . . . : 56664
Tracks/cylinder . . . : 15

Check the DATA Class it is getting.  How is it set up?

And has the H-RBA reached 4GB and if so - is it set up  for EA/EF?

Could you post the LISTC for the file?

Lizette