Von: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> Im Auftrag von
Sean Gleann
Gesendet: 08 April, 2018 12:48
An: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Betreff: Mainframe videos?

Hello

I am currently tasked with presenting a series of talks on the general subject
of 'mainframes' from a historical perspective.

I can find plenty of pictures and movies of 360 front panels, various disk
drive models and printers, but try as I might, I have been unable to track down
any movies of a 2501 or 2540 actually in operation.
Equally, there's very little available regarding open-reel tape drives.

Trying to describe how these things worked in detail without a movie to watch
is stretching my abilities a bit.
I'm hoping to find the kind of movie files that might be classified as
'operator training' (or perhaps 'engineer training').

If anyone knows of a collection of such files somewhere, I'd appreciate being
directed to it.

TIA
Sean