It's not that the CBROAM member is useless, but most of the reason to use it
goes away because the values forced by either the hardware (virtual tape
system) or the tape management system (CA-1 or RMM) would render them
unnecessary.  I don't see anywhere that it could increase performance (unles
you had a really dumb VTS and tape manager. :)

Brian