Hello,

We are going from one production lpar and one test lpar to two sysplexs, one
plex for production, one plex for test.   Currently the RACF databases are
shared (yeah not ideal) but they will be split (prod and test on their own
databases) once we are sysplexed.

In preparation for the split and the new sysplexes I want to split up the
databases ahead of time.   I am new to sysplexes so excuse the silly questions.

Currently my primary and backup RACF databases are on DASD, shared DASD between
prod and test.   I am going to move them to non-shared DASD so prod has its own
databases and test has its own.   In a Sysplex should the RACF databases still
reside on DASD that both sides of the sysplexes share (so both prod lpars in
the plex) or should they reside in the coupling facility or ??

Are there any tools that will help me get to my end state, split up the
databases, report on the databases, etc.??   Normally I just use the RACF
utilities ICH***** but perhaps other sites use different tools I could look
into.

Any suggestions, comments are most welcome.

FredG.