From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Walt Farrell
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 5:03 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: UserKEY CSA/Dataspace scope=common Remdiation

**CAUTION EXTERNAL EMAIL**

**DO NOT open attachments or click on links from unknown senders or unexpected
emails**

On Tue, 15 May 2018 16:53:33 +0000, Jousma, David <david.jou...@53.com> wrote:

>Ok, quick eye-ball verification from the guru's that are better ASM programmer
>than I...
>
>SMF30 RAXFLAGS is kicking out the a  module for which I selectively pulled out
>the DSPSERV code for allocating USERKEY SCOPE=COMMON Data space.   Is it
>possible that this line "DSPSERV  DC    A(*+4+X'80000000')" is what is setting
>the storage key just prior to execution?  i.e. KEY 8?  I didn't create the
>code, I'm just trying to understand it.
>
>         MODESET MODE=SUP              SET TO SUPERVISOR STATE
>         L     R15,DSPSERV             INSURE 31 BIT MODE
>         BSM   0,R15                   SET 31 BIT MODE
>DSPSERV  DC    A(*+4+X'80000000')
>*
>         DSPSERV CREATE,               CREATE A DATA SPACE
>               STOKEN=DSPSTOKN,        PUT STOKEN HERE
>               NAME=DSPNAME,           USE THIS NAME
>               ORIGIN=DSPORIGN,        PLACE ORIGIN ADDRESS HERE
>               SCOPE=COMMON,           COMMON DATA SPACE
>               BLOCKS=(DSPBLCKS,DSPBLCKS)  THIS MAX AND INITIAL
>*
>         ST    R15,RETCODE             SAVE THE RETURN CODE
>         ST    R0,REASCODE             SAVE THE REASON CODE
>         MODESET MODE=PROB             SET TO PROBLEM PROGRAM STATE
>

>Alternatively, I know the DataSpace names that are being allocated from a D
>A,stcname.    Again, this is territory I don't tread into often, but is there
>an
>easy way to determine the storage key of them?

What key is your program running in? The default for DSPSERV CREATE (as I read
the manual) is CALLERKEY, so if it's running in key 8 that would be your
problem.

--
Walt

lists...@listserv.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN **CAUTION EXTERNAL
EMAIL**

**DO NOT open attachments or click on links from unknown senders or unexpected
emails**

This e-mail transmission contains information that is confidential and may be
privileged.   It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you
receive this e-mail in error, please do not read, copy or disseminate it in any
manner. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please
reply to the message immediately by informing the sender that the message was
misdirected. After replying, please erase it from your computer system. Your
assistance in correcting this error is appreciated.