> On May 17, 2018, at 11:21 AM, Sri h Kolusu <skol...@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>
>>> in IBM sort you have to specify equals this seemed to be the hardest
>
> Edward,
>
> You can set EQUALS as default at the installation level for DFSORT. There
> is a slight overhead with EQUALS option which increases the time needed for
> comparison of records and for data transfer.  DFSORT team provides
> documentation of how Syncsort SYNCMAC installation options relate to DFSORT
> ICEMAC installation options, based on our best current knowledge of the two
> products.  It's meant to be used as a guideline to help you determine how
> to set your DFSORT ICEMAC options for easier migration
>

> Thanks,
> Kolusu
> DFSORT Development
> IBM Corporation

Yes I knew that. It was more of an issue with SYNCSORT defaulting to it and not
highlighting the fact. What we did in this one specific instance was to allow
them to specify equals.
Those few extra say milliseconds add up over a week/month/year  I will say it
was hell to debug until the programmer gave us a hint. That and the fact that
was the *ONLY* glitch in that conversion. I got a stubbed toe in my reputation
from management. Up until that my reputation was excellent and no one ever
questioned me, after it was Hmmm…

Ed