From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu> on behalf of
Tony Thigpen <t...@vse2pdf.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2018 8:15 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu
Subject: Re: IP printing from JES2?

Just to move it up a notch.

First, this is for batch reports.

The customer already already has a complex print solution, but over the
years has converted most of the advanced functions to a PC server based
process. That PC server looks like a simple printer and only needs
simple CR/LF type date.

The have slowly been changing all the printers used by their high-priced
z/OS software to just a couple of simple LPR printers and not AFP or PCL
based. So, now all they really need is a simple JES2 to printer solution
so they can eliminate the high cost software.

Although JCL changes will be required, they want to limit it to just the
OUTPUT cards.

In fact, if they could have just a simple JES2 to FTP plain text
function, that would be even cleaner considering their PC software.

Tony Thigpen