From:   "Jousma, David" <000001a0403c5dc1-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu>
To:     IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Date:   05/24/2018 09:23 AM
Subject:        Re: File transfer Red Alert
Sent by:        "IBM Mainframe Discussion List" <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>

No keys need to be manually exchanged.   The needed setup is buried in the
SMPE Receive from network guide for the FTP client(your end) parm changes
that are needed.  Then there is the needed firewall rules on your end(if
applicable) to setup.

Then on this page: https://www-05.ibm.com/de/support/ecurep/help_ftp.html
a blurb about the required port ranges that your firewall people have to
open up between your site IP and the IP of testcase.boulder.ibm.com (if
you are in the US).

My FTP client is using passive FTP, but the session still hangs after the
ls, dir, put or get commands.
Ask your firewall administrator to allow connections to the port range
65024 - 65535 for our FTP server.

Or, alternatively, your company might use some sort of Proxy, to provide
the access, but you still need the appropriate FTP client options.

//SYSFTPD  DD *
SECURE_FTP        ALLOWED
SECURE_MECHANISM  TLS
TLSRFCLEVEL       CCCNONOTIFY
TLSMECHANISM      FTP
SECURE_DATACONN   PRIVATE
KEYRING           FtpSecur
EPSV4             TRUE

Dave Jousma
Manager Mainframe Engineering, Assistant Vice President
david.jou...@53.com
1830 East Paris, Grand Rapids, MI  49546 MD RSCB2H
p 616.653.8429
f 616.653.2717