Ed,
If you know more details, please jump in and educate us.  If there is
definitive documentation out there, please point me to it because right now I
think we are all just 'reading the tea leafs.'

I make the assumption that dispatching is different between the two because of
the following in the description of the ZIIPAWMT parameter, "because of the
time spent waking up idle zIIPs to compete for individual pieces of work."

In normal dispatching, when something comes IN AND READY it is put on the
dispatch queue and a processor is dispatched, if one is available, or it is
left on the queue for the next available processor.

Chris Blaicher
Technical Architect
Mainframe Development
P: 201-930-8234  |  M: 512-627-3803
E: cblaic...@syncsort.com

Syncsort Incorporated
2 Blue Hill Plaza #1563
Pearl River, NY 10965
www.syncsort.com

Data quality leader Trillium Software is now a part of Syncsort.