>>> is the date format YYMDD ?  > or Julian , yeah WTH ?

Carmen,

I am guessing that OP date format is YYMMDD but needs to  remove the
leading zero for Month (January thru September ) and the same for Day (01
thru 09). Since the year is already 18, we don't have worry about it for
another 82 years. :)

Saurabh,

You can try this

/* REXX */
"ALLOC FI(OUTDD) DA('BKP.JCL.CNTL(BKPDABD1)') SHR REUSE"

TODAY     = DATE('S')
YESTERDAY = TODAY - 1
CDAYMM    = STRIP(SUBSTR(TODAY,5,2),'L','0')
CDAYDD    = STRIP(SUBSTR(TODAY,7,2),'L','0')
YDAYMM    = STRIP(SUBSTR(YESTERDAY,5,2),'L','0')
YDAYDD    = STRIP(SUBSTR(YESTERDAY,7,2),'L','0')

LINEOUT   = 'D'                    ||,
             SUBSTR(YESTERDAY,3,2) ||,
             YDAYMM                ||,
             YDAYDD                ||,
            '<'                    ||,
            'D'                    ||,
             SUBSTR(TODAY,3,2)     ||,
             CDAYMM                ||,
             CDAYDD                ||,
            '<'                    ||,
            'VOL=SER<'
QUEUE LINEOUT
"EXECIO 1 DISKW OUTDD (FINIS"
"FREE FI(OUTDD)"

I will let you ponder about updating the stats upon updating the contents
of the member

Thanks,
Kolusu

IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> wrote on