The issue is applicable for jcl & instream data. The submitted JCL may
include variables which after substitution may occupy larger space. SJ does
not substitute. It uses the post substitution version of the JCL.

ITschak

On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 11:34 AM, Rob Scott <rsc...@rocketsoftware.com>
wrote:

> >> On occasion I have been sorely vexed when I hastily issued SUBMIT from
> the SJ panel and discovered my sysins truncated to 80 characters.  SUBMIT
> from SJ should preserve the attributes of the original job on resubmit.
>
> I must admit to being slightly puzzled by this statement.
>
> JCL is, by definition, a sequence of 80-byte card images and any instream
> SYSIN will be taken as a sequence of 80-byte characters.
>
> Maybe I am missing something here - please let me know if so.
>

> The SDSF "SJ" command acts by allocating the "special" JES dataset name
> for the original JCL and then uses ISPF "EDIF" (without a command routine)
> to display the contents.
>
> The subsequent "SUBMIT" is not under SDSF control - it is the same
> "SUBMIT" command used by ISPF.
>

> As far as the "submit as an SDSF action from NP" idea, the best I could
> advise at the moment would be to use the SDSF REXX interface and the "%"
> prefix in the NP column input to execute it.
>
> Rob Scott
> Rocket Software

ITschak Mugzach
*|** IronSphere Platform* *|* *Information Security Contiguous Monitoring
for Legacy **|  *