On Tue, 10 Jul 2018 13:08:44 -0400, Thomas David Rivers wrote:

>In a program, you can issue the BPX LOAD service to load a program
>into memory... and similar to the LOAD macro, this returns the address
>where the module was loaded, and the starting address.
>
>Now - is there any guarantee that if you then do a BPX FORK and then
>a BPX EXEC to execute the module, that the module will be loaded at the same
>address in the child?

exec() loads a new execution image, probably overlaying the image in the child
of the code that did the fork(), andprobably *not* at the same address used by
BPX LOAD in the parent process space.  I think.

(But I don't think the child inherits the parent's TCB structure.)

But since fork() completely replicates the parent process space, couldn't you
just
branch to the child's image of that module?

-- gil