From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Scott Barry
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2018 1:56 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Deleting all members of a PDS

On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 10:43:42 -0700, Sri h Kolusu <skol...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

>>>but I'm curious if there's some additional keyword that will ignore the
>SHR enqueues. I have not found anything.
>
>Skip,
>
>You need to use FILE keyword on IDCAMS delete like shown below
>
>//DELALL   EXEC PGM=IDCAMS
>//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
>//PDS      DD DISP=SHR,DSN=Your.PDS
>//SYSIN    DD *
>  DELETE 'Your.PDS(*)' FILE(PDS)
>/*
>
>Thanks,
>Kolusu

With the use of "splat" and "delete all members" request, sadly the IDC0553I
message doesn't provide a list of the members deleted, instead only mention
"ALL MEMBERS IN DATA SET <name> DELETED".

Now no Auditor-type would go for that -- heck, I even would appreciate knowing
what I just deleted !!

Still like the enhanced functionality permitting various DSN-mask
specifications, similar to TSO/ISPF DSLIST (option 3.4).

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.