Perhaps Tony you could say why Jol was rejected?

Thanks,

Clem

Tony Thigpen wrote:
Using pipelines could require a lot of programming changes. Historically, programs tend to be designed to process batches, not records.

Most shops will not have the bodies to do the changes needed.

I like the idea of REXX as a JCL replacement. It can provide a lot better logic. I don't know that it will make many inroads due to lack of man-power, but it can be a method to the future.

One of our staff looked seriously at JOL and rejected it.

Tony Thigpen