> Problems:
> 1. Undocumented requirement to quad-word align CPOOL anchor and/or
extent
> in 64-bit mode (and actually undocumented alignment requirements for
all).
> 2. Unable to guarantee quad-word alignment with malloc.

I will get the first taken care of. The anchor does not need to be
quad-word aligned.

For the second, as has been pointed out in C syntax but I think not in
words, you would do what everyone used to do prior to STARTBDY keyword of
GETMAIN / STORAGE OBTAIN -- round the start address up to the necessary
boundary, having gotten an additional 8 if you need the length to be some
specific value (or 15 if you do are not guaranteed that the area will at
least be on a doubleword boundary).

The rounding is typically "Add 15, AND with -16".

Peter Relson
z/OS Core Technology Design