From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Peter Hunkeler
Sent: Tuesday, August 7, 2018 4:33 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Will zIIP-eligible work unit loose zIIP-eligibility when executed on
CP?

Cross-posted to IBM-MAIN and MXG-L

Out of curiosity:

Regarding the zIIP eligibility, what happens to a zIIP-eligible work unit when
it is dispatched on a CP because the zIIPs are too busy (zIIP-on CP)? Will the
work unit loose its zIIP-eligible state (flag)?

Assume the WU is dispatched on the CP, then gets undispatched. Will the WU be
requeued to the zIIP work unit queue when ready because is still is zIIP
eligible? Or will it no longer be zIIP-eligible?

I imagine the zIIP-eligibility is kept, but would anyone know (not just
imagine)?

--
Peter Hunkeler