We have a customer that has to send us a large amount of data.  They claim
that our ftp server is very slow.  I have had our network people tell me
that we have 100GB pipe to our ftp server and if they say it's slow it is
most likely their upload speed.  I have tested the upload speed to our ftp
server from my home network but I am limited to 5G upload speed, which I
easily reach during the upload.  So I was looking for something the
customer to run to test their upload speed.

On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 4:35 PM Kevin Mckenzie <kmcke...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> > Is there anything for z/OS to measure upload/download speeds? Like on a
> PC
> > going to speedtest.net and running their test?
>
> From the z/OS LPAR to where?  What's the purpose of the measurement?  Can
> you prevent other network traffic from happening when you're doing the
> measurement?
>
> ---
> Kevin McKenzie
>
> External Phone: 845-435-8282, Tie-line: 8-295-8282
> z/OS Test Services - Test Architect, Provisioning

The postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent
Mainline’s positions or opinions

Mark D Pace
Senior Systems Engineer
Mainline Information Systems