On Fri, 7 Sep 2018 09:59:24 -0500, IBM user wrote:

>We once had a product that would allow us to issue a shortcut command in a 3.4
>ISPF DIRLIST.  The command would tell us who owned the dataset in question.
>
>Does anyone know of an open source version of that function, that works in
>ISPF without any special RACF authorizations for the users, or that does not
>involve using a D GRS console command?

When you get the short message that the data set is in use, press PF1.
You get a longer message saying that it is in use.
Press PF1 again. You get information about who has it.

If you want to know if someone has the data set, you can issue the R (rename)
line command. If it tells you that the data set is in use, someone has it. If
it comes back and asks you what you want to rename it to, no one does.

Is this sufficient?

--
Tom Marchant