I did a $SOFFLOAD2,TYPE=TRANSMIT and it started fine.  Both OFF2.JT and OFF2.ST
show INACTIVE?

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Carmen Vitullo
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2018 10:19 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Strange JES2 SPOOL Offload issue

offload2 not started?
my display shows

OFFLOAD1 DRAINED

OFF1.JT STARTABLE

OFF1.ST STARTABLE

OFF1.JR STARTABLE

OFF1.SR STARTABLE

OFFLOAD1 DRAINED

OFF1.JT STARTABLE

OFF1.ST STARTABLE

OFF1.JR STARTABLE

OFF1.SR STARTABLE

z/OS 2.2 at RSU10805

Carmen Vitullo

----- Original Message -----

From: "Todd Burrell" <todd_burr...@csx.com>
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2018 9:05:40 AM
Subject: Strange JES2 SPOOL Offload issue

I'm playing around with JES2 SPOOL OFFLOAD on our test system and I want to be
able to try and offload everything from the spool to test out timing. I have
changed both of my transmitters to have DISP=KEEP to make the offload
no-destructive.

However, once I start the offload it does not select anything, and when I try
and do $TOFF2.ST,WS=(/), JES2 just ignores this and keeps the same selection
criteria I had before I did the command? I have everything else pretty much
blanked out for selection criteria, but for some reason JES2 ignores my $TOFF
command to change the WS settings?

Has anyone else every seen this just get ignored? I don't see any automation
grabbing this, nor do I see any RACF error messages. The command just simply is
being ignored by JES2?

We are on z/OS 2.2 around RSU1802.

Here's the $DOFF2.ST command output:

OFF2.ST STATUS=INACTIVE,CREATOR=,DISP=KEEP,
OUTDISP=(WRITE,HOLD,KEEP),HOLD=,
JOBNAME=,NOTIFY=NO,RANGE=(J1,999999),
ROUTECDE=(),START=YES,VOLUME=(,,,),
WS=(OUTD,Q/),BURST=,FCB=,FLASH=,
FORMS=(,,,,,,,),LIMIT=(0,*),PLIM=(0,
*),PRMODE=(),QUEUE=,UCS=,WRITER=

Here's the attempt at the $TOFF2.ST,WS=(/) command:

$TOFF2.ST,WS=(/)
$HASP886 OFF2.ST 694
$HASP886 OFF2.ST STATUS=INACTIVE,CREATOR=,DISP=KEEP,
$HASP886 OUTDISP=(WRITE,HOLD,KEEP),HOLD=,
$HASP886 JOBNAME=,NOTIFY=NO,RANGE=(J1,999999),
$HASP886 ROUTECDE=(),START=YES,VOLUME=(,,,),
$HASP886 WS=(OUTD,Q/),BURST=,FCB=,FLASH=,
$HASP886 FORMS=(,,,,,,,),LIMIT=(0,*),PLIM=(0,
$HASP886 *),PRMODE=(),QUEUE=,UCS=,WRITER=

Anyone have any ideas? This one is puzzling to me?
Thanks

This email transmission and any accompanying attachments may contain CSX
privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the
intended addressee. Any dissemination, distribution, copying or action taken in
reliance on the contents of this email by anyone other than the intended
recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error
please immediately delete it and notify sender at the above CSX email address.
Sender and CSX accept no liability for any damage caused directly or indirectly
by receipt of this email.