On 9/17/2018 11:07 AM, Sam Golob wrote:
Dear Folks,

    It is with great sadness that I must inform you of the passing of our dear friend, Ken Tomiak.  As a tribute to him, and I think this is the best tribute we can offer him, I am making available his very considerable amount of work, which he did in his last couple of years. The reason I'm making his raw files available, is because there is too much valuable material there for me to sort through and post on the CBT Tape, and I want all the people out there to have a good look at his results, methods, and organizational precision in general.

     Therefore, please look at:

ftp://cbttape.org/pub/collections

where you will see three files:  ktomiak.intro, ktomiak.restore, and ktomiak.zip (which contains all his materials)

I'm sure you'll be glad you looked there.  Ken produced beautiful stuff.  It was meant to be used.

     All the best of everything to all of you.

Sincerely,     Sam

FYI,

This is a tremendous loss for all of us. Ken Tomiak was a prolific developer, and shared his knowledge freely. When I was the Rexx Project Manager at SHARE in the mid-2000's, Ken became a fixture with his Rexx coding sessions. The room was always packed, and Ken would create inch-thick handouts of Rexx code. He was the Rexx TCP/IP socket interface guru, and his code shows that. The fact that he left his code to the CBTTAPE shows the kind of guy he is.

As a friend, I'd lost touch with Ken over the last decade, chatting with him briefly on the phone or in Email about once a year. I regret that in light of his passing. Please take every opportunity to interact with the people that are important to you, for you never know when they will be gone.

RIP, my friend.

Regards,
Tom Conley