From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Paul Gilmartin
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2018 6:42 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: SCP of file to USS from Mac is corrupted

[External Email]

On Thu, 18 Oct 2018 13:18:55 -0600, Jack J. Woehr wrote:

>On 10/18/2018 10:45 AM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:
>> I want to use scp to copy a pax to USS from my Mac by the file hash is wrong
>> and it’s not the same content.
>
>IBM went wonko porting SCP to z/OS and turned it into a text-only
>transfer, despite its being binary-only on all other platforms
>including IBM i.

Are any of those other platforms EBCDIC?

IBM's Only Trying to Help You!
    http://www.ericberne.com/games-people-play/im-only-trying-to-help-you/

>You have to use SFTP which is OpenSSH-as-FTP, same security and key
>management as SCP, for binary xfers.

SFTP, like SCP, is based on SSH.  Does it bypass the SSH  ASCII-->EBCDIC
conversion?

-- gil

FIRST TENNESSEE

Confidentiality notice:
This e-mail message, including any attachments, may contain legally privileged
and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or
the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended
recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or
copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this
e-mail message from your computer.