Mr Dissen,

Since we can enhance BUFNO, we need to check the region available in the
address space to prevent S878 abend,
specially when DCB buffers are located below 16Mb line.

When OPEN is issued for a single DCB, LDA fields show me the available memory,
and i can decide if DCBBUFNO
will be modified of not, but when OPEN has more than one DCB in parameter list,
LDA fields show us that buffers of all
DCBs have already been used in private área.

I want to know if the same OPEN is for many DCBs, to choose if any of these
DCBs will have its BUFNO modified or not.
For example, if multiple DCBs only the first one will be manipulated.

Atenciosamente / Regards / Saludos

Ituriel do Nascimento Neto
BANCO BRADESCO S.A.
4250 / DITI Engenharia de Software