On Fri, 31 Aug 2018 15:30:29 -0700, Charles Mills wrote:

>From The New York Times:
>
>E.U. Will Let Countries Decide Whether to Use Daylight Saving
>
>Some countries have lobbied to end the requirement that all 28 member states
>spring forward and fall back each year.
>
>https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/31/world/europe/eu-daylight-saving.html

I lately subscribed to the tzdata forum (to ask a stupid question -- I misread
PoOps
and one of their docs; they're generously considering a clarification).

Today, there's s submission calling the plan precipitous:
https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/tz/2018-November/027219.html
http://www.calconnect.org/news/2018/10/30/calconnect-calls-eu-reconsider-timeline-proposed-seasonal-time-changes
    Practical experience from similar changes in the past indicates that such
changes
    pose serious risks to the accuracy of stored time-related data and
schedules (such
    as meetings, appointments, flights and transit schedules). Therefore, we
recommend
    providing a transition period of at least one year (12 months) after the
final decision
    for the change has been made.

Nothing is easy.

-- gil