Peter, Mike: Yes, I remember Peter pointing at Mark's page, but for some
reason I moved on past that to some other line of enquiry.
I've now done what you said, and the results from REXXSTOR in PuTTY are:

V I R T U A L    S T O R A G E    U S A G E
         REGION REQUESTED: 55296K
                 LIMIT     IN-USE      AVAIL
BELOW 16M:      8168K         4K      8164K
ABOVE 16M:   2088984K       840K   2088144K

So, the 55296K is that 54M that I've been chasing
and the rest of the report shows that I've been given the maximum amount of
memory possible - 2G, right?

Have you cut some columns? There should be more. The "Limit" is a bit misleading, since you can only have some 1.5G, the rest is in use by the common area.

Anyway, this session is not about to run out of storage, because only 840K are in use. But this is you session, not the developer's, who is having the problems, right.  Can you have him to run that REXX after login and once he got to the out of storage?

Since the problem occurs only with _BPX_SHAREAS=YES, when all the processes share a single address space, what exactly are they trying to do? What has change since it worked?

--

Peter Hunkeler