So do we, 2 CFs per Sysplex (you "cannot" run a production site with only 1).

I am a little confused about your questions:

System managed rebuild is standard and always active. This will rebuild
structures in another CF in case of problems. It is transparent to the
application, be it with some delays in structure availability during the
rebuild.

Structure duplexing comes in 2 flavors: user-managed and system-managed.
User-managed is done by the application, if it supports it, e.g. DB2. If not,
you can use system-managed structure duplexing. This comes with some cost of
inter-CF communication. We do not use it, because we don't have structures that
require 101% availability.

Thin interrupts are an enhancement that only provides improvement and exists
for several CPU generations, so it should be beyond doubt.

Kees.

e-mail, and delete this message.

33014286