From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
retired mainframer
Sent: Wednesday, December 26, 2018 10:32 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Adding 90 seconds to 8 byte TOD FIELD

Look at the assembled contents of your address literal.  The * does not
refer to the location of the LA instruction but the address of the literal
itself.

Are you sure that your DC did not skip some bytes to force doubleword
alignment?  If it did, your B instruction points to the wrong place.   If it
didn't skip for this run, are you sure it won't the next time you make a
change.

What is your aversion to using labels?

that