what a strange typo ...

"- if it really would run on a current z Hardware"

of course

Am 24.01.2019 um 13:52 schrieb Bernd Oppolzer:
Am 24.01.2019 um 13:25 schrieb R.S.:
W dniu 2019-01-24 o 13:17, John McKown pisze:
This is mainly a curiosity question. I know of: z/OS, z/VSE, z/TPF, and
z/Linux. Are there any others?

OK, the real reason I'm asking is to be a bit weird in a game that I play. It is "No Man's Sky",which is a space exploration game. When you discover a new star system or planet, you can rename it. So I plan to find a star with
"n" planets, where "n" is the number of OSes which run on the IBMz
platform. I will name the star IBMz, and the planets after the OSes. If
there are any moons around a planet, I will try to name them after some
major subsystem which runs on the OS with that name, such as JES2 or POWER
or RSCS.

It depends.
There were historical OSes like Amdahl UTS or AIX/ESA.
There is "something" like CFCC (Coupling Facility Control Code).
There is z/VM which is hypervisor or just OS.
Sometimes TPF was not counted as OS even by IBM.
There is/was OpenSolaris ported on mainframe, but AFAIK only under z/VM.
There is CMS (part of z/VM), which currently can ruch only under z/VM, but AFAIK in the past it could run on bare metal as well. There are many zLinux distros like Debian, Fedora, SUSE, Redhat, Slackware, Ubuntu...

MUSIC/SP, but I don't know

- if there is a version of MUSIC/SP still running anywhere in the "real world"
and not only with emulators in hobbyists' environments

- if it really would round on a current z Hardware

Kind regards

Bernd