From: John McKown [mailto:john.archie.mck...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2019 6:08 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: how many OSes run on IBMz

On Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 7:44 AM Parwez Hamid <parwez_ha...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> All depends whether you are asking about 'current' Z systems or the
> older ones.

I was thinking just current systems, not historical. And "main line" from IBM
itself: z/OS, z/VSE, z/VM, z/TPF(?), z/Linux. I am thinking of currently
supported OSes which will IPL "stand alone" in an LPAR, so that excludes OSes
which only run as a guest in z/VM, such as CMS.

--
I just burned 2000 calories!
That's the last time I'll nap with brownies in the oven.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown