Thomas,

CMP simplifies IBM license accounting. It avoids adding the peak of both sites
in one month, which resulted in double costs, that (as we did) should be
negotiated and argumented with IBM on each occurrence.
We also made some financial savings with CMP, but that could well be because of
sharp negotiations together with a changing software configuration.

I wonder what the benefit of CBU is. If the DR site is normally cold (not
consuming MSUs), you will power it up in a DR situation and I don't see what
the difference is between an initially powerful machine or a small machine that
you power up with CBU to the required capacity.

Kees

e-mail, and delete this message.

33014286