From: Robert Prins <rob...@prino.org>
Sent: Tuesday, 26 February 2019 16:11
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Source of green zebra paper

On 2019-02-25 02:53, Timothy Sipples wrote:
> You could check directly with the paper manufacturers if you haven't already.
> Q-Connect, headquartered in Belgium, seems to be one of the biggest OEM
> suppliers of "listing paper" in the United Kingdom. Here's their main Web
> site:
>
> https://www.q-connect.com
>
> and the Web site provides their head office contact details. Challenge and 5
> Star Office are other brands. 5 Star Office might be this one:
>
> https://www.5stareasyofficesupplies.co.uk
>
> Challenge I'm having trouble finding.
>
> You could also ask whether a custom order is possible. That looks like an
> unusual size. I don't remember ever seeing 8.5x15, but anything is possible.
> 11x15 (11x14 with teardown) I could believe. There's also an 8.5x14 "U.S.
> Legal" size paper that might have been a teardown size in continuous
> feed/fanfold/listing paper form. Some car rental contract paper seems to be
> that size, still. Paper manufacturers can still do pretty much anything,
> though, if you navigate back far enough in the supply chain.

I'll have a look at those URLs, and just to be sure I remeasured them again as
8.5 x 15". And the source? This paper, or what's left of it, which is not much,
was collected over the years by my father, working at the IBM Lab in Uithoorn.
Looking back now, I can't stand my little sister scribbling hundreds of pages
full with her felt-pens... :(

Robert
--
Robert AH Prins