On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 6:26 AM R.S. <r.skoru...@bremultibank.com.pl> wrote:

> W dniu 2019-03-06 o 13:29, John McKown pisze:
> > On Wed, Mar 6, 2019 at 5:31 AM R.S. <r.skoru...@bremultibank.com.pl>
> wrote:

> buy
> >> Do without. This tool is not necessary to run the mainframe.
> >>
> > I wish that were an option. But they insist that they want the
> information.
> > They just don't want to pay to get it.
>

> What would you do if they insist to use database without paying for
> database license?

The database in question has a permanent license, so that it not a problem.
The problem is that it is running on a old Windows server; which is being
decommissioned. And the software apparently will not run a current Windows
server. If some manager told me to circumvent a software license in any
way, I'd say "No." . If it cost me my job, well I'm 66 and would just
retire. If they were foolish enough to do it via an email, then I would
sent that up the management line to the CEO. I would also likely forward it
to my personal email. If I lost my job, the vendor might get a copy of it.
Yes, I can be quite "nasty".

> RYO software is not optin everywhere.

True.

--
I just burned 2000 calories!
That's the last time I'll nap with brownies in the oven.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown