I know ZOSMF,JZOS and FTP can do what Roger desires. I also know Zowe can
also. We handle source code via GIT and use our own written CI that
submits the compiles / assemblies and links to z/OS. I know there must be
other ways to submit a job ..

Scott

On Wed, Mar 20, 2019 at 8:48 AM Gil Cardenas <gil-carde...@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

> Hi Roger, we use BMC Control-M here at our shop so not sure what your AWS
> Batch scheduler capabilities are, however, I wrote an application several
> years back that took advantage of the Control-M api's to submit jobs from a
> webpage via FTP to the JES reader.
>
> It was really a slick little tool that would allow for parameters to be
> passed and would email the user when the job ended.
>
> It was one of my first projects into learning C# & HTML coding so it
> wasn't elegant but I know it can be done.
>
> We used it for several years but it kind died off due to an acquisition.
>
> It's been many moons ago but in a nutshell, we would build ASPX web page
> forms that a user could fill out that had validation built in and once they
> had filled out the form they would submit it and a C# program would take
> the parameters and "build" the JCL that was then FTP'd to the mainframe
> internal reader.
>
> There was an index page with all of the available jobs that could be
> requested and we used security groups to limit which users had access to
> which jobs.  This application was really built for the non-operator type
> business users and programmers.
>
> The Control-M API had the ability to send an email when the job ended so
> that was how we notified a user that their job and or reports were
> available.
>
> Hope this sparks some ideas.
> Gil.

*IDMWORKS *

Scott Ford

z/OS Dev.

“By elevating a friend or Collegue you elevate yourself, by demeaning a
friend or collegue you demean yourself”

www.idmworks.com

scott.f...@idmworks.com

Blog: www.idmworks.com/blog

*The information contained in this email message and any attachment may be
privileged, confidential, proprietary or otherwise protected from
disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or
use of this message and any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to
the message and permanently delete it from your computer and destroy any
printout thereof.*