I can't remember if I posted this before, but it's come up again so I'm asking.

Is there any way, short of running a job with SMS turning compression, and
running it a different time with compression off, to measure the CPU time used
by SMS compression for a dataset? I know I can get zEDC CPU savings estimates
from zBNA and I'm pursuing that path too, but it seems to me it's something
that ought to be reported;  especially since recent versions of z/OS have zEDC
measurements reported to SMF.