From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Charles Mills
Sent: Monday, May 06, 2019 1:08 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: COBOL 6.2 and ARCH(12)

I don't think this is an ARCH problem at all. I think the darned debugger is
just plain buggy.

You say the debugger is experiencing S0C4's (as well as S0C1's). I don't think
an ARCH mismatch can cause a S0C4 (at least not in the real world -- someone
might be able to come up with a theoretical example). An ARCH problem would
almost always result in a S0C1. Nor should an ARCH issue ever cause a problem
on a newer machine (compile ARCH(8), run on z14) but only on an older machine
(compile ARCH(12), attempt to run on z10).

Ergo, I do not think you have an ARCH problem, I think the debugger has a bug
problem.

Charles